cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
zxu11
Level II

How to change table/report style in my JSL scripts? I know how to do it in JMP Preference settings.

How to change table/report style in my JSL scripts? I know how to do it in JMP Preference settings: File-Preference-Style. But I need to change the preference settings within my own JSL scripts. Is it possible? For example, I like to change Shade Alternate Table Rows( 0 ) to Shade Alternate Table Rows( 1 ), how to do it in JSL?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to change table/report style in my JSL scripts? I know how to do it in JMP Preference settin

Here is an example with the addition of the suggested line of code, that shows what I am talking about.  Does this help you at all?  If not, can you share your script so I can better see what you are doing.

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
jmp_report =
New Window( "Big Class",
	Text Box( "Big Class" ),
	H List Box(
		Outline Box( "Big Class",
			rpt = dt << Get As Report
		)
	),

);
rpt[Tablebox(1)]<< Set Shade Alternate  Rows(1);

Jim

View solution in original post

zxu11
Level II

Re: How to change table/report style in my JSL scripts? I know how to do it in JMP Preference settin

It works perfectly! Thanks a lot!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
txnelson
Super User

The answer to this is found in the Scripting Index

Help==>Scripting Index==>Table Box

Here is the example from the entry for the message, "Set Shade Alternate Rows"

New Window( "Mountains",
	tb = Table Box(
		String Col Box( "Mountain",
			{"K2", "Delphi", "Kilimanjaro",
			"Grand Teton"}
		),
		Number Col Box( "Elevation (meters)",
			{8611, 681, 5895, 4199}
		),
		Plot Col Box( "", {8611, 681, 5895, 4199} )
	)
);
tb << Set Shade Alternate Rows( 1 );
Jim
zxu11
Level II

It seems not working for me. Here is my script:

dt=current data table();

rpt=dt<<get as report;

rpt<< Set Shade Alternate Table Rows(1);

The rpt output table has nothing changed in its style.

txnelson
Super User

The "<< set shade alternate rows( 1 )" message, needs to be pointed at a specific Table Box().  In your script you could specify to change the first table box in the report output with the following:

Using this method, you can selectively choose which tables to change.

If you want all tables in the report output to be changed, you can use the Xpath fuction to find all Table Box()s and then apply the change

( rep << xpath(  "//TableBox" ) ) << Set Shade Alternate Rows( 1 );
Jim
zxu11
Level II

Both ways:

( rep << xpath(  "//TableBox" ) ) << Set Shade Alternate Rows( 1 );

don't work neither (the report output is just blank/empty). When in JMP, after the report/layout table is generated, I can just right click anywhere inside the tabl, then select which table style(s) to use. But I just don't know how to do it in JSL.

txnelson
Super User

Here is an example with the addition of the suggested line of code, that shows what I am talking about.  Does this help you at all?  If not, can you share your script so I can better see what you are doing.

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
jmp_report =
New Window( "Big Class",
	Text Box( "Big Class" ),
	H List Box(
		Outline Box( "Big Class",
			rpt = dt << Get As Report
		)
	),

);

Jim
zxu11
Level II

It works perfectly! Thanks a lot!