cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Rajat
Level IV

How to change Legend Name in JMP 14

Is their is way to change the Legend name in Graph builder. Sometimes it shows "Mean(Variable Name)" but I want to just show "Variable Name".

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marcus_Maier
Level II

Betreff: How to change Legend Name in JMP 14

Hi @Rajat ,

ok, I guess now I got you...

double click on the name in the legend -> "Legend Settings" window will appear -> double click on the text you want to overwrite (in your case "Mean(Variable Name)" )  to "Variable Name" -> and click ok.

You will find a short guide in the appendix.

BR,

Marcus

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Marcus_Maier
Level II

Hi Rajat,

in Grap Builder just click with Left-Mouse-Button on the Legend you want to change and select "Edit" (the last entry) -> "Show Properties".

Then on the right hand side of the screen the Properties appear and in the line "Text" you can write whatever you want for yor Legend.

You can also edit the text there in kind of Font, Font Scale, Color, etc.

I hope this solves your problem.

BR,

Marcus

Craige_Hales
Super User

And after you interactively change it, you can save the script (red triangle menu) to see how to do it in JSL if you need to script the change. The same approach works for titles and axis names as well. 

Craige
Rajat
Level IV

Thanks @Marcus_Maier
I want change the text not the font. Please help me how to change the text.
Marcus_Maier
Level II

Hi @Rajat,

no problem, I just created a  short pdf guide and packed it in the appendix, which should help you with your problem.

BR,

Marcus

Rajat
Level IV

Thanks @Marcus_Maier it’s helpful but I want to change the legends name not the title of the graph builder. For example I want to change the legend “count measure” (right side of the last graph builder image in your pdf) to just “measure”. Please help me to know how I can change that.
Marcus_Maier
Level II

Hi @Rajat ,

ok, I guess now I got you...

double click on the name in the legend -> "Legend Settings" window will appear -> double click on the text you want to overwrite (in your case "Mean(Variable Name)" )  to "Variable Name" -> and click ok.

You will find a short guide in the appendix.

BR,

Marcus

Rajat
Level IV

Thanks @Marcus_Maier
Appreciate your help