cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Thomas1
Level V

How to calculate zero portion in %

What is the best way to create on formula column, which shows the portion in percent of values = 0 (Zero portion)?

In case the value column is empty, no portion value should be display in the formula column.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to calculate zero portion in %

I think this might do what you want

If( Is Missing( :Value ) == 0,
	Col Sum( If( :Value == 0, 1, :Value > 0, 0, . ), :SubGroup ) / Col Number( :Value, :SubGroup ),
)
Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

I am not exactly sure what you are looking for, but if you want to know the portion of the data table that contain zeros, I have included a couple of formulas that will do that

zeroportion.GIF

Jim
Thomas1
Level V

Thanks for your fast response.

I'm looking for formula which shows the portion of the vaule 0 only. Additional if the cell of the source is empty, the cell for the corresponding portion value should be empty.

I’m able to achieve this with the formula

Col Sum( If( :Value == 0, 1, :Value > 0, 0, . ) ) / Col Number( :Value ),
)

Despite getting the right result, I am wondering whether there is a better way to solve this. In particular with regards to apply this formula to sub groups.

txnelson
Super User

I think this might do what you want

Col Sum( If( :Value == 0, 1, :Value > 0, 0, . ), :SubGroup ) / Col Number( :Value, :SubGroup ),
)
Jim
Thomas1
Level V

Thanks again for yor fast reply.