cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
sornasst
Level III

How to calculate Area Under the Curve for longitudinal data organized in columns (SPLIT)?

Dear JMP community,

I would like to derive the Area Under the Curve for the change in a varible through time. The data is organized in columns (time points) with patients in rows (see below)

Pat_IDTime 0wTime 2wTime 4wTime 8w
AAA0-0.3-1.2-1.5
BBB00.1-0.30.2
CCC0-1.5-2.3-2.8
DDD0-0.6-0.4-0.5

I could not find a preexisting function that would allow to do that so is there an elegant wasy to do this or should I bite the bullet and sum the areas of each parallelograms?

Thank you for your help.

Thierry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: How to calculate Area Under the Curve for longitudinal data organized in columns (SPLIT)?

Here's a (now rather old) script, though you will have to organize your data differently. It was intended to be interactive:

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 09.09.36.png

but it would be easy to remove this aspect and make it work for multiple Y's.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: How to calculate Area Under the Curve for longitudinal data organized in columns (SPLIT)?

Here's a (now rather old) script, though you will have to organize your data differently. It was intended to be interactive:

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 09.09.36.png

but it would be easy to remove this aspect and make it work for multiple Y's.

dtp_1997
Level I

I'd like to run the script across multiple response variables (same time scale) then export the results in to a table. How could i do that wiht the existing script? Thanks!

txnelson
Super User

I assume that you have no interest in the left and right edge lines, but actually want the total area under the curve?

Also, would you want to see all of the curves, or just an output table?

I assume you are not familiar with JSL(JMP Scripting Language).  But are you familiar with any similar languages?

Jim