cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
alavy
Level II

How to add well name as an overlay on a microtiter plate graph?

Hi all,

I followed the guide on how to use map files to create a microtiter plate representation in Graph builder (Microtiter Well Plate Map Shape Definition File - 6, 12, 24, 48, 96, 384, 1536 and 9600 well ). Although copying the map files into the Maps folder did not work for me, I was able to add the file manually by modifying Well column properties.

After I create the graph, I would like to either:

1. Add the well name as an overlay, in a similar way to what is shown in the link above?

2. Get the X and Y axis to properly show the row and column names of samples in the plate (i.e., rows A-H, columns 1-12, aligned to the center of the cells)?

Any assistance would be very much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How to add well name as an overlay on a microtiter plate graph?

You can add well names using point labels.  In your data table, select the column containing the well name, right click on it and select 'Label/Unlabel'.  In the columns list you should see exactly one column tagged with a 'label', remove any others.  Now either select all rows in the table or an 'example' row for each label (do that by selecting the well column and then use Rows > Row Selection > Select Duplicate Rows followed by Rows > Row Selection > Invert Row Selection) and then select Rows > Label/Unlabel.  Now as long as your chart has room for them you should see a label in each well.

For labels, one way is to open the axis settings and uncheck 'Labels' next to Major and Minor in the top right of the dialog box and then add reference ranges for each value in the bottom right section.  Start by checking 'Allow Ranges', entering Min/Max/Label, setting the line color transparency to zero, and then pressing 'Add' for each level.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How to add well name as an overlay on a microtiter plate graph?

You can add well names using point labels.  In your data table, select the column containing the well name, right click on it and select 'Label/Unlabel'.  In the columns list you should see exactly one column tagged with a 'label', remove any others.  Now either select all rows in the table or an 'example' row for each label (do that by selecting the well column and then use Rows > Row Selection > Select Duplicate Rows followed by Rows > Row Selection > Invert Row Selection) and then select Rows > Label/Unlabel.  Now as long as your chart has room for them you should see a label in each well.

For labels, one way is to open the axis settings and uncheck 'Labels' next to Major and Minor in the top right of the dialog box and then add reference ranges for each value in the bottom right section.  Start by checking 'Allow Ranges', entering Min/Max/Label, setting the line color transparency to zero, and then pressing 'Add' for each level.