How to add a data table to web report?

I used the following example of create a project:

project = New Project();
project << Run Script(
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
dt << Run Script( "Bivariate" );
dt << Run Script( "Distribution" );
);

Now when I use publish, I get the web report with Distribution and Bivariate plot. How do I add data table as well? Thanks for your help.

13 REPLIES 13
Peter_Bartell
Level VIII

Re: How to add a data table to web report?

Unless I'm confused your script is calling for creating a new JMP project while your narrative text says you want a web report. Web reports and JMP projects are separate and distinct capabilities. If you truly want a JMP project the data table will follow along with the report elements and other project elements you may want to include like Excel files, PowerPoint presentations, etc. In JMP 14 it's super easy...create all your project elements, then from any JMP main menu bar, select Window -> Move to Project. The project will populate and now you can save it as it's own distinct project. Different workflow for a JMP Web Report.

AT
AT
Level V

Thanks for the comments. My goal is to get a web report from saved projects. I notice that the data table is not listed in web report.

I use publish right after I created the project. Can I add the data table in web report? Thanks

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Try creating a New Window() and journaling the data table to it.

project = New Project();
project << Run Script(
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
dt << Run Script( "Bivariate" );
dt << Run Script( "Distribution" );
new window("my report", dt<<journal);
);
-Jeff
AT
AT
Level V

Thanks Jeff. It works except that the data table is truncated. Is there a way to avoid the truncation when it is published?

Thanks for your help.

Jeff_Perkinson

I don't think it's truncated. It just needs to be scrolled to see all of it.

-Jeff
AT
AT
Level V

Thanks Jeff. The rows can be scrolled but columns are truncated to just few. I have 127 columns. Is there a limit in number of columns?

Jeff_Perkinson

It will journal only the selected columns. Make sure you clear the column selection before the Journal command.

-Jeff
AT
AT
Level V

Thanks Jeff. I cleared the column and when I publish it, I get an HTML and when I try to open the data table, it keeps asking whether I want to wait or continue. I have 127 columns and previously, with 5 columns were Ok. Any suggestions? Thanks

Jeff_Perkinson

All of the data are encoded in the HTML file and then have to be rendered with javascript. How many rows do you have? It sounds like it might be a bunch. We're working to make this faster in future releases but with a bunch of data it will take some time to render.

-Jeff