cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
hlrauch
Level III

How to Place Window in Front of Data Table Window

I would like to open a "control panel" window whenever a user opens a particular data table. I've written a script that creates a simple non-modal window; I named the script "On Open" and I placed the script in the left pane of the data table, so it runs automatically whenever the data table is opened. However, when the data table window opens, it remains in front of the control panel window. This is true even if I include the following statement at the end of the script: Window("Control Panel") << Bring Window to Front; . There is no problem if the data table is already open. The problem seems to occur because both windows are opening up at the same time. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Howard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: How to Place Window in Front of Data Table Window

I'm sorry for the difficulty.

This is a bug that has been corrected in JMP 11.2.

You can download an updater here.

-Jeff

-Jeff

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
julian

Hi Howard,

I wonder if adding Wait(0);-- or Wait(1); if that doesn't work-- immediately before you call the window would help. If JMP isn't finished with loading the table I'm guessing it will retain (or immediately regain) focus.

I hope this helps!

Julian

Jeff_Perkinson

I'm sorry for the difficulty.

This is a bug that has been corrected in JMP 11.2.

You can download an updater here.

-Jeff

-Jeff
hlrauch
Level III

Thanks Jeff. I just installed JMP 11.2.1, and it's working fine now.

Howard