cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Mo
Mo
Level III

How to Force Major Grid Lines and Labels with a Specific Day of the Week (Graph builder)

I am plotting data versus date it was collected in graph builder and would like to show the weeks with major grid lines. I can set this up in the axis settings, but the weeks "start" at a Thursday. If I change the start date of the axis, it still keeps the labels and major grid axis on a Thursday (just a week earlier or so). I can't figure out how to get the major grid lines and the labels to start on a different day (e.g. a Monday). Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How to Force Major Grid Lines and Labels with a Specific Day of the Week (Graph builder)

Is the first observation on a Thursday? Did you try setting the scale minimum to the Monday before the first observation?

Mo
Mo
Level III

Re: How to Force Major Grid Lines and Labels with a Specific Day of the Week (Graph builder)

The first observation is on a Wednesday. When I set the start date to the Monday before this Wednesday, the axis just shifts, but it keeps the labels and Major grid lines in the same place.

I tried a few things with the data and the axis settings. I searched Prefernces. I cannot find anything that changes the location of the major grid lines. I recommend that you contact Technical Support (support@jmp.com) and report back here what they find.

Mo
Mo
Level III

Technical Support answered - it can't be done.

SDF1
Super User

Hi @Mo,

Is your horizontal axis categorical, meaning the actual day names of the week? If so, you might be able to change this by right clicking the column and then modifying the value ordering column property. Or is your x-data continuous?

Can you share what the graph looks like and what you want it to look like?

If it's ordinal, you might be able to modify the Value|Label for the Axis Label Row option under X Axis Settings.

Hope this helps!,
DS