cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to Center Data over a Character Based Column on the X-Axis

Hey there! I've got an issue with visualizing data in Graph Builder (JMP16). Graph builder automatically orders my Box Plot data by entry rather than wanting to center it over the corresponding label. Similarly, if I plot by Point, the points are stretched out in X instead aligning on a single vertical line above the corresponding label. Any idea how I'd encourage JMP to center that data?

BatteryTamer359_0-1691081440815.png

Box Plot Format

BatteryTamer359_2-1691081707318.png

Point Format

BatteryTamer359_1-1691081625332.png

Material Column Info

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: How to Center Data over a Character Based Column on the X-Axis

I cannot test this now, but I'm fairly sure this happens if you are using Overlay. Try changing the column you have in Overlay to Color OR disable Overlay variable from Boxplot if you need it for other plots

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

I cannot test this now, but I'm fairly sure this happens if you are using Overlay. Try changing the column you have in Overlay to Color OR disable Overlay variable from Boxplot if you need it for other plots

-Jarmo
txnelson
Super User

It appears that you have specified the column Material as an Overlay column as well as your X column.  I believe you will get what you want if you remove the Material column from the Overlay and move it to the Color drop area

Jim

Thanks for the quick responses! That was definitely the issue.

BatteryTamer359_0-1691082589501.png

Solved