cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
geparker
Level I

How to Add Multiple Elements to a Graph Builder Box Plot

When using graph builder and selecting a box plot, how do I make all the date points show and not just the outliers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Graph Builder Box Plot

Hi geparker,

You can do this a few different ways. After generating the box plot in graph builder you can right click the graph, select add, then select points. Alternatively, you can add the points on top of the box plot by dragging the icon with points (in the pallete above the graph) on top of the graph. Dragging a visual (rather than clicking it) adds the visualization to the current plot (rather than replacing it).

I hope this helps,

julian

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
geparker
Level I

*data

julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi geparker,

You can do this a few different ways. After generating the box plot in graph builder you can right click the graph, select add, then select points. Alternatively, you can add the points on top of the box plot by dragging the icon with points (in the pallete above the graph) on top of the graph. Dragging a visual (rather than clicking it) adds the visualization to the current plot (rather than replacing it).

I hope this helps,

julian

abrammer24
Level I

Julian,

What if you have multiple sub-categories per main category like below? How do you get the points map to align with the box plot rather than just a jitter over the entire category?

JMP Graph.jpg

I've been trying to figure this one out and starting to think JMP can't do this yet...

Simply drag the column with the sub-categories to the top of the X axis to add it and nest it under the main category.

rabelardo
Level IV

geparker​​,

Guess what's my JMP 12's Tip of the day (54 of 64)?

To overlay an element on an existing element in Graph Builder, press Shift then click the element icon that you want to overlay (image below).

julian​,

Thanks for your youtube channels! I'm learning a lot from them.

- Randy, JMP newbie

11323_tip 54.png

- Randy