cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
rexneal
Level III

How is are Scaled Estimates Calculated ?

I am a new JMP Pro User with the following query. Using the Fit Model Standard Least Squares platform, I have 67 columns of continuous data. Each column has 213 rows. The 67 columns are entered as Y. Construct model effects adds another column containing five groups, each categorical. I am using this platform instead regular ANOVA to test interactions and other interactive effects. I find the scaled estimates to be highly informative. But exactly how is the scaled estimate calculated?

Thanks so much. JMP is fun.

rexneal

5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

Re: How is are Scaled Estimates Calculated ?

I could not find any reference to how they are calculated in the JMP Documentation
Help==>Books
You may need to go to
support@JMP.com
to get your answer
Jim
rexneal
Level III

Jim,

Thanks so much

Scaled Estimates Report

Check out the link above, it gives some indication of how a scaled estimate is calculated for a continuous variable.

rexneal
Level III

No link. I must be obtuse. My question is how are scaled estimates calculated with a categorical variable?

sseligman
Staff

The Scaled Estimates are only calculated for continuous model terms. An explanation of the method is described in the online documentation: Scaled Estimates and the Coding of Continuous Terms.

Categorical model terms are not scaled or otherwise affected by the "Scaled Estimates" option.