cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
danlopez
Level I

How do you display Data Labels on Bars in Graph Builder?

My questions are: 1) How do you display data labels on bars in Graph Builder? 2) Or if it's obvious to you why, for a specific panel/fiscal year does the total of all the bars seem to be going over 100%

I'm a JMP novice. I am using Graph Builder and while I can figure out how to create various trellis charts, contour charts,etc I can't for the life of me figure out how to put data labels on some bars. I tried Rows>Row Labels and looking on Google and in JMP Help. I came up with dead ends.

Specifically I have some data charted as the image below. Stacked bar percent to total to display two categories of employees by Organization (Y axis; categorical) for each Fiscal Year(Group X; Categorical). I'm trying to figure out what percent each bar segement is because when I look at the x-axis and add each of the bars I seem to be going over 100% and this is confusing to me. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

4124_DummyData.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How do you display Data Labels on Bars in Graph Builder?

I don't think it's possible in Graph Builder in JMP 10 or earlier (it will be in JMP 11 though). But labelled bars is possible with the Chart platform.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

I don't think it's possible in Graph Builder in JMP 10 or earlier (it will be in JMP 11 though). But labelled bars is possible with the Chart platform.

danlopez
Level I

Too bad you can't do it in JMP 10. We won't betting getting an upgrade for another year or two. Thanks for your reply.

XanGregg
Staff

A work-around may be to add a Points element behind the Bar since the points do handle labeling in JMP 10. However, for a stacked bar it can get tricky because you have to make a column that represents the sum and use the right-click>Bar>Y submenu to remove it from the stacking.