cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
tejvishnu
Level II

How do I split a big data table into smaller ones? (un-merge or opposite of concatenate)

Hi,

Is there a script or a function which would essentially do the opposite of the "Concatenate" function? I have a massive data file with a source column which is the primary key & other columns associated with each primary key. I am trying to split this massive data table into several smaller tables based on the primary key. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How do I split a big data table into smaller ones? (un-merge or opposite of concatenate)

The easiest way to do this is to use the Subset with the "Subset By" selection

Talbles==>Subset

subset by.PNG

Jim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: How do I split a big data table into smaller ones? (un-merge or opposite of concatenate)

The easiest way to do this is to use the Subset with the "Subset By" selection

Talbles==>Subset

subset by.PNG

Jim
tejvishnu
Level II

I tried it and it worked perfectly. Thanks a bunch!

I must confess I am bit embarrassed that for as long as I have been using JMP (especially the "Subset" function) I did not even notice the "By" checkbox. 

txnelson
Super User

I remember using JMP 3, and with the breadth and depth of JMP, I learn new JMP functionality all the time.

Jim