Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
baldvin_thor
Level I

How do I remove CI region for individual graph in graph builder

Hi,

I am using graph builder with 3 individual graphs (wrap function) but I only want one of the graphs to display the CI region.

Can somebody provide me with information if this is even possible, and if so give me instructions on how to remove CI region

for individual graph.

Best regards,

Baldvin

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SDF1
Super User

Re: How do I remove CI region for individual graph in graph builder

Hi @baldvin_thor ,

Yes, it should be possible in Graph Builder to do what you want. Below is a screenshot showing how that can be done. I'm using the Big Class.jmp file as an example. I am graphing height and weight vs age (turned age into a continuous variable, not ordinal). Anyway, in the GB control panel under line of fit, there is a checkbox for Confidence fit. You can uncheck this (as I did for height vs age) and the confidence interval goes away.

SDF1_0-1643806941459.png

You have to have the y variables on their own axis. If they share an axis as below, then it turns off the CI for BOTH.

SDF1_1-1643807019138.png

Hope this helps!,

DS

View solution in original post

ian_jmp
Staff

The reply from @SDF1 is a good one. FWIW, even when both variables share the same y axis you can do a right click on the white area of the graph, then select 'Customize. . .':

Screenshot 2022-02-02 at 14.53.28.png

to give:

Screenshot 2022-02-02 at 14.53.46.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SDF1
Super User

Hi @baldvin_thor ,

Yes, it should be possible in Graph Builder to do what you want. Below is a screenshot showing how that can be done. I'm using the Big Class.jmp file as an example. I am graphing height and weight vs age (turned age into a continuous variable, not ordinal). Anyway, in the GB control panel under line of fit, there is a checkbox for Confidence fit. You can uncheck this (as I did for height vs age) and the confidence interval goes away.

SDF1_0-1643806941459.png

You have to have the y variables on their own axis. If they share an axis as below, then it turns off the CI for BOTH.

SDF1_1-1643807019138.png

Hope this helps!,

DS

ian_jmp
Staff

The reply from @SDF1 is a good one. FWIW, even when both variables share the same y axis you can do a right click on the white area of the graph, then select 'Customize. . .':

Screenshot 2022-02-02 at 14.53.28.png

to give:

Screenshot 2022-02-02 at 14.53.46.png

baldvin_thor
Level I

Thank you so much Ian, this was very helpful.

Best regards,

Baldvin

baldvin_thor
Level I

Thanks, very helpful information!

Best regards,

Baldvin