cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
BHarris
Level VI

How do I plot row number in Graph Builder?

As a former gnuplot user, I could plot column "0" as one of the axis, and it would plot the row number on that axis.  

Obviously I could do this with a formula column ("row()"), but is there a way to do this without having to create a new column in my table?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I plot row number in Graph Builder?

Right-click on a column name in a dialog box and choose Row > Row. This will add a temporary variable for the row number which can be used like any variable in your data table.

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Right-click on a column name in a dialog box and choose Row > Row. This will add a temporary variable for the row number which can be used like any variable in your data table.

Dan Obermiller
BHarris
Level VI

Right-click on the column name in the Graph Builder interface? Wow, I had no idea that existed! Thank you!

That feature exists everywhere in JMP, not just the Graph Builder. It is called temporary variables. You can use it for many common transformations/formulas.

Dan Obermiller