cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
GLynnWarren

How do I get my colors to stay consistent for bar graphs when using filters - using JMP 17.2.0

I have established value colors for the column, using Column Properties>Value Colors.  I have built it into a script, similar to this.

dt:"(Group)Type"n << Set Property(
Value Colors,
{"("A" = 16, "B" = 24, "C" = 56, "D" = 8, "E" = 40, "F" = 72, and so on. (There are 36 total cell values that I am identifying in the list)

Then I run the script for the graph

dt << Graph Builder(
	Size(1460, 625),
	Show Control Panel(0),
	Legend Position("Right"),
	Level Spacing Color("Medium Light Gray"),
	Graph Spacing(5),
	Spacing Borders(1),
	Variables(X(:Year), X(:Qtr, Position(1)), Y(:"(Group)Type"n), Group X(:Location)),
	Elements(Mosaic(X(1), X(2), Y, Legend(7), Cell Labeling("Label by Percent"))),
	Local Data Filter(Conditional, Add Filter(columns(:Location, :Year)))
);

Edit 2024-07-31 (jthi): added jsl formatting using <JSL> button

It will generally run with the colors I expected, but if using the filters, the colors may change - some of the colors remain as expected.  As though it is ignoring the column properties set for the value.

Is there a limit on the number of column values you can specify a particular column color? 

I have made changes through the process to make sure I'm not using the same color number to more than just one value.

JMP 17.2.0

1 REPLY 1
jthi
Super User

Re: How do I get my colors to stay consistent for bar graphs when using filters - using JMP 17.2.0

Are you sure value colors are set properly for all values? Also, try if adding (Group)Type column to Color helps.

-Jarmo