cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
JCmunera
Level I

How do I get Model Comparison at the Predictive Modeling bar? I have JMP Pro 15.1.0

How do I get Model Comparison at the Predictive Modeling bar? I have JMP Pro 15.1.0

5 REPLIES 5
Victor_G
Super User

Re: How do I get Model Comparison at the Predictive Modeling bar? I have JMP Pro 15.1.0

Hi @JCmunera,

Welcome to the Community !

Regarding your question, I guess you don't have the option to compare models in "Analyze" -> "Predictive Modeling" -> "Model Comparison" ? I don't know if it's a platform from JMP 15 or JMP 16, you can check in "File" -> "Preferences" -> "Platforms" if "Model Comparison" is listed in the various platforms of your license.

If you don't have this platform, you can still compare your models another way :

1. Create your models with your platforms of choice.
  2. In each red triangle of your models, click on "Save Columns" -> "Publish Prediction formula". It will create a new window, the Formula depot, and for each prediction formula of your model, the formula will be published here.
  3. When you have all the formula/models you want to compare, click on the red triangle in the Formula Depot and on "Model Comparison". JMP will ask on which datatable (if several are open) the prediction comparison should be made and which model you want to compare. From the new tab "Model Comparison" you'll have access to different graphs (Plot Actual by Predicted, Plot Residual by Row) and tools (Profiler, Model Averaging, ...).

Saving the formula in your datatable can also give you more freedom on the type of graph you want to see.

I hope it will help you

Victor GUILLER
Scientific Expertise Engineer
L'Oréal - Data & Analytics
Georg
Level VII

Re: How do I get Model Comparison at the Predictive Modeling bar? I have JMP Pro 15.1.0

I also recommend you to read JMP Help at jmp.com (maybe for your version):

Model Comparison (jmp.com)

Georg
JCmunera
Level I

Hi Victor_G, I think is a problem with the JMP version. In "preferences"->"plataform" doesn't appear the model comparison. By the other hand I don't have the option  "Save Columns" -> "Publish Prediction formula". The strange thing is that my JMP version is Pro. Thanks

Victor_G
Super User

Hi @JCmunera,

Ok, you can try to contact technical support to get more precise answers on your concrete case.
Victor GUILLER
Scientific Expertise Engineer
L'Oréal - Data & Analytics
JCmunera
Level I

Thanks for the help.