cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
krln
Level I

How do I extract the desirability formula as a function of the input parameters?

Hi all,

I know how to save the desirability function on the right top of this plot. But I want to somehow save the desirability as a function of the input parameters (so as a function of the force and amplitude in this case) to be able to recreate the plot in another software. 

Is this possible and, if so, how can I extract this formula?

Many thanks! 

Karlien

JMP_ProfilerQuestion.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I extract the desirability formula as a function of the input parameters?

I see now. No, you cannot save that formula. But you might still be able to do what you want. How would you use such a formula (i.e., a column formula)? You can save the model as a column formula and then profile it along with any other functions together by selecting Graph > Profiler.

You want to use the desirability in another software? Remember that desirability is a function of the response, D(Y), and the response is a function of the predictor variables, Y=f(X). You should be able to convolute those two functions to compute the desirability given the X.

I should add that JMP saves the desirability formula for D(Y) using a built-in Desirability() function that you will also have to make for yourself in the other software. It is just a mapping so you can use any function or technique supported in the other software. For example, you could use a linear combination for Maximize or Minimize. You could use a Gaussian function for Match Target. You could also use an exponential function. Anything that supports the mapping you want is OK! The choice is up to you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How do I extract the desirability formula as a function of the input parameters?

Capture.PNG

krln
Level I

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply. However, if I save the desirability function in this way, it is not a function of the input parameters. Is there a way to obtain the desirability formula directly as a function of the input parameters (amplitude and force in this case)?

Thanks!

I see now. No, you cannot save that formula. But you might still be able to do what you want. How would you use such a formula (i.e., a column formula)? You can save the model as a column formula and then profile it along with any other functions together by selecting Graph > Profiler.

You want to use the desirability in another software? Remember that desirability is a function of the response, D(Y), and the response is a function of the predictor variables, Y=f(X). You should be able to convolute those two functions to compute the desirability given the X.

I should add that JMP saves the desirability formula for D(Y) using a built-in Desirability() function that you will also have to make for yourself in the other software. It is just a mapping so you can use any function or technique supported in the other software. For example, you could use a linear combination for Maximize or Minimize. You could use a Gaussian function for Match Target. You could also use an exponential function. Anything that supports the mapping you want is OK! The choice is up to you.

krln
Level I

I think the convolution between the desirability and the prediction formula of the response should do the trick. 

Many thanks for your answer! 

txnelson
Super User

The desirability formula can be saved directly to your data table.

desirability.PNG

It will provide you with the X,Y matrix of points

Jim