cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How do I divide data on one variable column by values in another variable column?

I have data for a number of individuals. I wish to quickly divide the values in one variable column by the values in another variable column for each of the individuals. how do I do this? Also, if a value is missing in one cell, how does JMP 12 handle this? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How do I divide data on one variable column by values in another variable column?

Add a new column by either double clicking on the empty column header area to the right of the last column in your data table, or by using the Column pull down menu and selecting "new Column".

Then, right mouse click on the new columns header and select formula.  The formula editor will open up.  In the column display area in the formula editor, double click on the column you want to be the numerator in your formula.  Then click on the divide by symbol, then click on the column that you want to be the denominator.  Finally, click on "Apply".

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: How do I divide data on one variable column by values in another variable column?

Add a new column by either double clicking on the empty column header area to the right of the last column in your data table, or by using the Column pull down menu and selecting "new Column".

Then, right mouse click on the new columns header and select formula.  The formula editor will open up.  In the column display area in the formula editor, double click on the column you want to be the numerator in your formula.  Then click on the divide by symbol, then click on the column that you want to be the denominator.  Finally, click on "Apply".

Jim

Thank you, Jim.

Paul