cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jb99
Level II

How do I add confidence intervals in LSMeans plot of an interaction effect?

In the Fit Model platform, when I view the LSMeans plot for the effect of a single categorical factor, the plot gives confidence intervals around the LSMeans. However, in the LSMeans plot for an interaction between two categorical factors, the LSMeans are plotted without confidence intervals.

Is there any way to add confidence intervals to the LSMeans plot of the interacting factors?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How do I add confidence intervals in LSMeans plot of an interaction effect?

It works for me.

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 7.52.53 AM.png

jb99
Level II

Do you have any idea of why it is not working for me?  I'm giving an example below, using JMP 13. Perhaps I would need JMP Pro for this to work?  I've been searching through all of the customization options but still cannot find a solution. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 14.41.58.png

I have no idea why it is not working for you. I did nothing special. I used JMP Pro 14 but I believe that the error bars require neither JMP Pro nor JMP 14.

You might contact JMP Technical Support if no one else is able to solve this problem for you here (support@jmp.com).

ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

It appears to have changed with JMP 14.

In JMP Pro 13 I do not get error bars in the LS Means plot for interaction effects, but it works in Jmp Pro 14.

Also, JMP Pro 14 asks if to create an interaction plot and which variable to use as overlay. JMP 13 plots the interaction by default and picks (alphabetically it seems) an overlay variable without asking the user.