cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How do I add a column (new feature) to the subset matrix (chosen rows) in the optimal design function?

I am doing optimal design. I have 57 runs that represent the locations of sensors. There is a factor called the Penalty factor. (not a constant factor) that is calculated based on the distances between the sensors (each sensor represents a row in the matrix). This factor should be updated after each iteration. I need to calculate the penalty factor only of the subset rows "chosen rows" (for example, 20 in my problem). The distances are expressed in a separate worksheet. 

I hope my problem is clear enough! Please, let me know if there is any question!

1 REPLY 1

Re: How do I add a column (new feature) to the subset matrix (chosen rows) in the optimal design function?

I am concerned that the Penalty factor depends on the sensor location factor, so that that combination will produce a singularity in the regression analysis.

Please provide a picture of your design for the locations and how the Penalty is calculated.