cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
rjbondi0
Level I

How can you customize the line widths of the axes and borders on a JMP plot?

I see options to change the width of a fit line or reference lines, but I haven't found a way to increase the

thickness of the very thin default lines that make up plot borders and axes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Steven_Moore
Level VI

Re: How can you customize the line widths of the axes and borders on a JMP plot?

If you want the x -axis thicker, double click on the y-axis and then add a reference line whose value corresponds with the value of the x-axis line that you want to be thicker.  You then increase the thickness by increasing the value of "Line Style" in the Y Axis Setting pop-up.  You can also change the color.  This will overlay your selection over the existing x-axis line.

I don't think you can do anything with the chart border other than have it selected or not selected in your preferences.

Steve

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Steven_Moore
Level VI

Re: How can you customize the line widths of the axes and borders on a JMP plot?

If you want the x -axis thicker, double click on the y-axis and then add a reference line whose value corresponds with the value of the x-axis line that you want to be thicker.  You then increase the thickness by increasing the value of "Line Style" in the Y Axis Setting pop-up.  You can also change the color.  This will overlay your selection over the existing x-axis line.

I don't think you can do anything with the chart border other than have it selected or not selected in your preferences.

Steve