cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lala
Level VII

How can change a black solid horizontal line to a black dashed line and change the transparency to 0.5

How can change a black solid horizontal line to a black dashed line and change the transparency to 0.5

Thanks!

Pen Color("black");
    Line({:test1[i] - bb, :test2[i]}, {:test1[i] + bb + 500 * (2 * bb), :test2[i]});
4 REPLIES 4
lala
Level VII

Re: How can change a black solid horizontal line to a black dashed line and change the transparency to 0.5

It didn't work

Pen Color( "black" );
seg = Line( {:test1[i] - bb, :test2[i]}, {:test1[i] + bb + 500 * (2 * bb), :test2[i]} );
seg << Set Line Style( "Dotted" );
seg << Set Transparency( .3 );
txnelson
Super User

Re: How can change a black solid horizontal line to a black dashed line and change the transparency to 0.5

The setting of line style is easy.  I am not seeing how to set the transparency for the line.

names default to here(1);
dt = new table("example",
	new column("test1",values([5])),
	new column("test2",values([10]))
);
bb=1;
i=1;
nw=new window("test",
	gb=graph box(
		Pen Color("black");
		line style("dashed");
		Line( {:test1[i] - bb, :test2[i]}, {:test1[i] + bb + 500 * (2 * bb), :test2[i]} );
	)
);

The line does not seem to have any segments that would allow for changing the transparency.  Maybe some other member has a solution.

Jim
lala
Level VII

Thank Jim!

I try this

Pen Color("black");
    Line({:test1[i] - bb, :test2[i]}, {:test1[i] + bb + 500 * (2 * bb), :test2[i]}  ,{ Line Style( "Dotted" ) , Transparency( 0.5 ) });
txnelson
Super User

excellent

Jim