cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How can I send JMP 14 stats results directly to Excel via API add-in?

Is there an JMP 14 (or later) add-in that sends statistical results to an Excel worksheet? 

Currently, I

Step 1.  right-click in the body of the table and choose "Make into Data Table" then

Step 2.  copy and paste the table that pops up into an Excel spreadsheet. 

Maverick614xyz_0-1629419960495.png

I'm a SAS user so I can do this in SAS but my colleague uses JMP 14 so I would like a solution for this if one exists through an add-in (or JSL).  I have searched these discussions and throughout to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How can I send JMP 14 stats results directly to Excel via API add-in?

Does this little script help you in what you want.  It takes the specified table, saves it to Excel and then opens the Excel file.

txnelson_0-1629530783783.png

Names Default To Here( 1 );

newDT = (Current Report())["REML Variance Component Estimates"][Table Box( 1 )] << make into data table( invisible );
newDT << save as( "$TEMP/newDT.xlsx" );
Close( newDT, nosave );

Web( "$TEMP/newDT.xlsx" );

txnelson_1-1629530843112.png

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Does this little script help you in what you want.  It takes the specified table, saves it to Excel and then opens the Excel file.

txnelson_0-1629530783783.png

Names Default To Here( 1 );

newDT = (Current Report())["REML Variance Component Estimates"][Table Box( 1 )] << make into data table( invisible );
newDT << save as( "$TEMP/newDT.xlsx" );
Close( newDT, nosave );

Web( "$TEMP/newDT.xlsx" );

txnelson_1-1629530843112.png

Jim

Thank you so much, txnelson!  I tried it and your solution works perfectly.  This is a thing of beauty in both its simplicity and execution.  Moreover, it takes the possibility of copy/paste error out of the equation.