cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
nikles
Level VI

How can I get a Modal window to resize automatically?

Hi.  I'd like to know how I can get a Modal window to resize automatically when some of its display boxes are collapsed.  Here's the window initially:

nikles_1-1645807738831.png

Then after pressing "Toggle View" to insert a display box to the left of the initial box.  All is well so far:

nikles_2-1645807791495.png

And finally after pressing "Toggle View" again to remove (Collapse) the display box I just inserted:

nikles_3-1645807839296.png

The container display box (a line up box, colored in cyan) has shrunk back down to the desired size, but the window still remains at its expanded size.  Any ideas on how I can fix this so that the window shrinks back down?  Interestingly, this problem occurs only if the window is modal.  Regular windows shrink back to their original size just fine.

Here's some code that reproduces the issue:

Names Default to Here(1);

optional_pb = PanelBox("Optional Stuff",
	TextBox("I appear only when the button is clicked.")
);
optional_pb << Visibility(Collapse);

constant_pb = PanelBox("Constant Stuff",
	TextBox("I'm always here.")
);

toggleview_bb = ButtonBox("Toggle View",
	vizstatus = optional_pb << Get Visibility;
	If(vizstatus == "Visible",
		optional_pb << Visibility(Collapse);
		optional_pb << Visibility(Visible);
	)
);

lub = LineUpBox(NCol(3), Spacing(5),
	optional_pb,
	constant_pb,
	toggleview_bb
);
lub << Background Color("Cyan");

win = New Window("Test Window",
	<< Modal,						//If I comment this out, the window behaves.  Why?
	lub
);

I've also looked into the " << Reshow" command, but honestly I have no clue what it does.  Does not appear to help, at any rate. 

JMP Pro 15.2.1

Mac OS Big Sur 11.6.4

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How can I get a Modal window to resize automatically?

Thanks for reporting this issue. I can confirm this is a Mac-only behavior that we have been able to address in a future release. JMP 17 will be available in the fall of 2022.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

It appears to be a Mac thing.  The window properly collapses back down to the original size under Windows 10, for both JMP 15 and JMP 16

Jim

Thanks for reporting this issue. I can confirm this is a Mac-only behavior that we have been able to address in a future release. JMP 17 will be available in the fall of 2022.