cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
winfriedkoch0
Level IV

How can I generate a scatterplot with log-transformed scales on the axes?

I want to generate a scatterplot for two continuous variables. As each of these variables has a few outlying observations, the scatterplot should have log-transformed axes but with the original variable values as tick marks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: How can I generate a scatterplot with log-transformed scales on the axes?

Make the scatterplot, then double-click each axis to get the axis dialog. On the left-hand side of the dialog you can choose the log transform.

If you need a scripted solution, use the red triangle to save the script; you'll see the log transform command in the script.

There are a bunch of options to control the appearance of the axis, and a preview.There are a bunch of options to control the appearance of the axis, and a preview.

Craige

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Craige_Hales
Super User

Make the scatterplot, then double-click each axis to get the axis dialog. On the left-hand side of the dialog you can choose the log transform.

If you need a scripted solution, use the red triangle to save the script; you'll see the log transform command in the script.

There are a bunch of options to control the appearance of the axis, and a preview.There are a bunch of options to control the appearance of the axis, and a preview.

Craige
winfriedkoch0
Level IV

Dear Craige,

Thank you very much for your excellent hint which is a perfect solution for my problem.

Best Regards

Winfried