cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ripple
Level I

How can I format "Show Percents" text?

How can I format the percent text that appears appears above bars in a histogram when I turn on Show Percents?  The default format is deficient in several ways: 1) It is smaller than I would like it to be; 2) The percent values are whole numbers such as "1%" (I want to be able to show the values at finer resolution in decimal form such as "0.8%"); 3) There is no background color behind the text (I'd like to choose white) and thus the gridlines of the graph run right through the percent values, making them harder to read.  All of these things are easily, quickly, and intuitively changed in Excel - but after continued searching I haven't found a way to choose my own format in JMP.  Anyone know how to do it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How can I format "Show Percents" text?

I am not aware of any way within the Histogram Platform to make the changes to the Percents as you have specified.  Also, the percent objects on the histogram are not surfaced to the Frame Box() of the histogram. So, using the Customize to modify them is not available.  However, a script could be written to calculate the percentages, and then apply them on top of the Histogram Frame Box().  It would be a bit of a challenge, but it could be done.

Jim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

I am not aware of any way within the Histogram Platform to make the changes to the Percents as you have specified.  Also, the percent objects on the histogram are not surfaced to the Frame Box() of the histogram. So, using the Customize to modify them is not available.  However, a script could be written to calculate the percentages, and then apply them on top of the Histogram Frame Box().  It would be a bit of a challenge, but it could be done.

Jim
Ripple
Level I

Thanks.  Bummer - seems like functionality that should be there.

txnelson
Super User

I agree, and I suggest that you send to 

support@jmp.com

BTW, if you are not aware, you can manually annotate your own percents onto the graph, using the annotation tools in JMP.

Jim