cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
PCB
PCB
Level I

How can I format numbers in multiples of a thousand (for example to show the value as $K)

Hello,

I am new to JMP and I would like to format columns in a data table to show the values in multiples of 1,000.

For example to display 1,137,217.28 as 1,131

Appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Evan_Morris
Level IV

Re: How can I format numbers in multiples of a thousand (for example to show the value as $K)

Easiest way would just be a calculated column right?  You can either do this directly in the table, or on the fly in the graph builder (or whatever other tool you are using) and right click on the column you want to change and select formula, and you can create a quick formula for it. 

Alternatively (and this I think is exactly what you want but I find it a bit kludgier), you can create a custom format.  So right click on your access and go to the axis setting.   Under the format options select Custom, then hit the Set Custom Format button.  Then enter the formula for your custom format.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Evan_Morris
Level IV

Re: How can I format numbers in multiples of a thousand (for example to show the value as $K)

Easiest way would just be a calculated column right?  You can either do this directly in the table, or on the fly in the graph builder (or whatever other tool you are using) and right click on the column you want to change and select formula, and you can create a quick formula for it. 

Alternatively (and this I think is exactly what you want but I find it a bit kludgier), you can create a custom format.  So right click on your access and go to the axis setting.   Under the format options select Custom, then hit the Set Custom Format button.  Then enter the formula for your custom format.