cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Laetisten
Level I

How can I calculate with formula  and create such a bar graph in JMP?

How can I calculate adherence in %  see example in attachment and create such a bar graph in JMP?

adherence bar graph.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How can I calculate with formula  and create such a bar graph in JMP?

Hello @Laetisten,

First you will need to create a new column and use the Formula Depot for that column to create a formula that converts the raw data into percentages.  For example if the maximum adherence value is 50 you will need to make a formula that calculates percentages by dividing the individual item adherence raw value by 50 and then multiply by 100. Below is an example column formula for reaction temp percentage where the maximum possible reaction temp is 600.  If you already have the percentage data calculated then you are good to go on building a graph and you can skip this step.

Bill_Worley_0-1632832964224.png

From there you can go to Graph Builder and make a graph similar to your example graph.  You may need to use the Value Ordering column property to get the items in the desired order if you are not using JMP 16.  To find value ordering right click on the column header for Item and click on Column Properties.  Value Ordering is shown in the image below.  Use the up and down arrows to put the Item column in the desired order for graphing.

Bill_Worley_1-1632833314054.png

In JMP 16 you can do value ordering directly in Graph Builder by clicking and holding on the Item number you want to move and then click and drag the Item where you need it to be on the axis.  One thing to note, the bar graph in Graph Builder will not have 3D orientation in JMP.  The other watch out here is that you data must be Categorical and not Continuous to get all Items to show on the X axis.  

HTH

Bill

txnelson
Super User

If your data are in this form

txnelson_0-1632834208544.png

Then it is easy to create the chart

txnelson_1-1632834276332.png

see attached data table

However, I assume that your real question is how to get the data you have, calculated into the form required for the chart.  In order to do that, you will have to provide the community what your data currently looks like

Jim
Laetisten
Level I

Thanks @txnelson. I got the bar graph only by copying the calculated data from Excel to JMP 16.

Here is my data (see "tabelle 2"): In line 71 ist the adherence already calculated in %.

How can I create a bar graph with this data?

txnelson
Super User

1. You are trying to use a JMP data table like it is an Excel Spreadsheet.  While you can add summary rows, like you have done in your supplied data table, JMP really is best when you keep the data tables in an analytical format.  I suggest you read the Discovering JMP and Exploring JMP documents available under the Help pull down menu.
  2. I took your supplied data table.
    1. Highlighted (selected) the summary row that you created

2. I then used Tables=>Subset to make a new data table with just that row of datatxnelson_0-1632839311796.png

3. I then used Tables=>Stack to convert all of the columns into two columns.  I selected all of the columns and placed them in the Stack.txnelson_1-1632839419781.png
    4. Then it was a simple matter to use Graph Builder to generate the charttxnelson_2-1632839635952.png

Jim
Laetisten
Level I

Thank you so much @txnelson.