cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How can I apply stacked data in Hierarchical Clustering?

Hi, I have a dataset in which one of the columns has some numeric values based on measurement at different known temperatures. The temperature at which the measurement is done is in another column. How can I cluster my experiments including these numeric values? My numeric values are not directly comparable since higher temperatures in nature yield higher measured values. Is it an example of stacked data? I hope someone can please give me some advice how to resolve this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
statman
Super User

Re: How can I apply stacked data in Hierarchical Clustering?

Welcome to the community.  It would be easier to provide guidance if you attach your data table.  I'm not exactly sure what you want to do?

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box

Re: How can I apply stacked data in Hierarchical Clustering?

Hello, Thanks for your reply! Please see attached file. I want to cluster my samples based on their melting point, functionality and activity, but the activity is only meaningful when one knows the temperature at which the activity was measured. Generally at higher temperatures the activity is higher, but there is no direct correlation (because of many other parameters being involved). Hence the sample that has activity of 1 at 16 degree is very different than the sample that has activity of 1 at 20 degree.  I hope it is more clear now?