cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Emma1
Level III

Hover label

Hello,

I would like to display a photo in my hover label when I click on a point of a graph (like in the file "Big class families", script "graph builder with pictures").

I would like to do the same thing but without the "Picture" column

Indeed, I have a database with a lot of lines and putting photos for each line would be too heavy

I would like to have a folder on my computer with all the photos, in “.jpg” format. These photos will have the same name as what is in the "name" column of my database

For example, Katie's photo will be named in my computer folder: "KATIE.jpg"

When I click on a point, I would like to display the corresponding image (which is in a folder on my computer, and not in an "image" column) thanks to the "name" column which is named from the same way as my photos

Can you help me please ?

For the moment, I can only open the folder with all my photos when I go over a point but it does’nt show me the photo that corresponds to the point in the hover label

Thank you 

33 REPLIES 33
nascif_jmp
Level VI

Re: Hover label

Hello again, @Françoise,

I was thinking some more about the issue, and I think it might be related to the use of JSL variables outside of the Set Graphlet statement. It is hard to say without seeing your script, but I took a second look at an example script I posted for @Emma1 and I see that the variable that defines the thumbnail size was defined outside of the graphlet definition. This could be problematic.

Please see the attached example which solves this issue - hopefully it would give you a path to solve the problem you described.

Bonne chance!

Françoise
Level V

Hi,

I don'nt understand your script:

see the image, there is no image in the label.

best regardsproblem with hoverlabel.JPG

txnelson
Super User

@nascif_jmp, I have validated @Françoise finding that no graph is displayed in the graphlet running JMP 15.  However, the graph does display in JMP 16.

Jim
nascif_jmp
Level VI

@txnelson thanks for checking.

You are correct, the thumbnail argument which is the main issue @Françoise was asking about is a JMP16 only feature. This has been established early on in this thread, in my exchange with @Emma1. I assumed she was aware of it but I should have been more explicit (perhaps added a version check to the script).

It would be possible to make a JMP15 equivalent version by scaling the image down explicitly, before returning it to be displayed in the Picture script (graphlet JSL callback).