Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Gerakolt
Level I

Histogram with filter

Hi

I'm trying to plot a histogram that shows the full data. on it, I want to plot two vertical lines that represent lower and upper limits. Additionally, I want to present the mean and the std of the data in these limits and the fraction of the data that is in the limit. 

Something like this:

Gerakolt_0-1709473279140.png

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
dlehman1
Level IV

Re: Histogram with filter

There are a few unclear things about your question.  I don't know what you mean by "filter" here since you are showing a histogram for a full data set.  For the full data set, it is easy to add the vertical lines (are they for a confidence interval for the mean or for percentiles of the data?) by doubleclicking on the x axis and adding lines.  The text box is also easy to add.  I've attached one example with the script for the graph stored at the top left.  If this isn't what you want, please explain a bit more.

txnelson
Super User

Re: Histogram with filter

Welcome to the JMP Community

The task you have specified is a very easy thing to do in JMP.

First read the data into JMP

txnelson_0-1709476625541.png

Add the Spec Limits to the Column Properties for the data column by right clicking on the header for the column and selecting Column Properties=>Spec Limits

txnelson_1-1709476775765.png

In the dialog box that opens, enter in the limits.  Make sure you check the "Show as Graph Reference Lints"

txnelson_2-1709476895436.png

Click OK and go back to the data table

Go to the Graph pull down menu and select Graph Builder

txnelson_3-1709476991749.png

In the Graph Builder window drag the data column to the X drop area

txnelson_4-1709477136556.png

Now Click on the Histogram Icon at the top of the graph

txnelson_6-1709477316995.png

The graph will now show the histogram with the specified limits

txnelson_7-1709477350248.png

Jim