cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
bb101
Level II

Highlight bins in a distribution based on a column value to highlight bin migration

I have a set of distributions which contain a population of units. I have used a select where with a containsitem call to select the list items in my dataset matching specific DUT reference ID numbers. This helps to show which bins contain the measurements for the units of interest. I would like use the date of test for each instance of the selection to highlight the bin containing measurements. For example if the same unit was tested on 6/20/2024 and later tested again on 6/25/2024, then once more in on 6/28/2024.  The bin result from 6/20 would be highlighted with one color and the bin result on the 6/25, 6/28 would two other colors. Some other goals are to have these colors to be consistent across the distributions in the report (one color for each date of test), with all unselected units remaining with default color. I would also like to have the highlight be from top to bottom of the plot for the respective bin. 

Your support is greatly appreciated.

//dtmain << select where(:SN=="12346777" | :SN=="12346982");
dtmain << select where(ContainsItem(:SN, {"12346777", "12346982"}));

Distribution(
	Stack( 1 ),
	Continuous Distribution(
		Column( :Average ),
		Horizontal Layout( 1 ),
		Vertical( 0 ),
		Set Bin Width( 2 ),
		Process Capability( 0 )
	),
	Continuous Distribution(
		Column( :Min ),
		Horizontal Layout( 1 ),
		Vertical( 0 ),
		Set Bin Width( 2 ),
		Process Capability( 0 )
	),
	Continuous Distribution(
		Column( :Max ),
		Horizontal Layout( 1 ),
		Vertical( 0 ),
		Set Bin Width( 2 ),
		Process Capability( 0 )
	),
	By(
		:TID, :BLOCKNAME, :MEAS_TYPE
	)
);

bb101_0-1728511271023.png

Mock-up of what I would like to achieve:

bb101_1-1728511298961.png

10 REPLIES 10
jthi
Super User

Re: Highlight bins in a distribution based on a column value to highlight bin migration

My first guess is that you are trying to use Report() function on a list (check what dist contains using Show(dist);) when you are using By

-Jarmo