cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
kfr890
Level II

Help interpreting Freidman Test results (Cochran-Mantel-Haenszel)

Hi everyone,

I'm conducting a Freidman test on a dataset. The data tests the effects of a treatment and consists of 10 subjects. Each subject had their heart rate (HR) measured six times over a period of 6 hours. To conduct the test, I saved the HR ranks (ordinal) and set is as the Y in the fit Y by X, the subjects as the 'Block', and the 'Hour' as the X. This is the output of the Cochran-Mantel-Haenszel Tests but I'm having difficulty interpreting them. Is there a significant effect eventhough the Correlation of Scores is much greater than 0.05?  Also, if the results do show there are significant changes induced by the treatement, is it appropriate to conduct a Steel-Dwass all pairs test on the nominal data as a post hoc test?

Ctest.JPG

Thank you for your help!

12 REPLIES 12
kfr890
Level II

Re: Help interpreting Freidman Test results (Cochran-Mantel-Haenszel)

Thank you for the explanations and help with this analysis. It is very helpful!

I see why the ranks work. I have never approached the non-parametric analysis this way.You were following the instructions correctly.

I suggest trying the repeated measures analysis. Make sure that your data is organized as Heart Rate, Treatment, Subject, and Hour. See the A Multivariate Approach example in sample I cited.