cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
marktaylor
Level II

Heat Map / Aggregate Function

I wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction. I have a script that creates a table with Row, Column and Data fields (multiple Data field values for each (Row,Column) pair). I'd like to be able to create a Heat Map showing the Range for each Row and Column pair. By default the Mean is plotted. I can create an aggregated field (sum, median, std deviation and some others are included but not Range). Does anyone have any tips for how I might do this. Thanks, Mark

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Heat Map / Aggregate Function

Please show us an example of the data table on which you are working. Do the data values go across a row or down a column?

marktaylor
Level II

Thanks Mark. I managed to do what I want by selecting Tables > Summary then selecting Range from the Statistics dropdown for the data field and selecting Row and Col in the Group By part. The data goes down the column
hogi
Level XI

easiest way is via Color/SummaryStatistic
https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Wish-List/Add-option-to-color-heatmap-in-Graph-Builder-by-statistic... 

hogi_0-1667404148985.png

@jthi : many thanks for this info ...