cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Grid lines over a contour plot

Is it possible to have grid lines which can be seen over a contour plot which will help identify specific points to the user?

Thank in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Grid lines over a contour plot

In that case, right click in the contour plot and choose "Customize..."

In the Customize dialog, select the Grid Lines and click the down arrow cause the grid lines to be drawn on top of the contours.

-Jeff

-Jeff

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
louv
Staff (Retired)

I'm not sure I am clear on your question but if you are looking to add a grid onto a contour plot either you can double-click your x and y-axis to manually add reference lines (first graphic) or globally set your preferences>styles to add grid lines to your reports (graphic 2 and 3).

7172_Screen Shot 2014-08-28 at 7.09.11 AM.png

7171_Screen Shot 2014-08-28 at 7.11.25 AM.png

7175_Screen Shot 2014-08-28 at 7.29.57 AM.png

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for being unclear, I am actually using a contour plot, not a profiler. My graph currently looks like this:
7178_Contour graph.png

I would like to have the gridlines visible over the contours contours

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

In that case, right click in the contour plot and choose "Customize..."

In the Customize dialog, select the Grid Lines and click the down arrow cause the grid lines to be drawn on top of the contours.

-Jeff

-Jeff

Most visual elements in a graph can be reordered using the Customize option from the right-click menu:

7176_ContourGridCustomize.png

From the Customize dialog, select the Grid Lines object and use the down-arrow button to position it below the Contour object (which sounds counterintuitive - this list is the order in which objects are drawn):

7177_ContourGridReorder.png

Result:

7181_ContourGridOver.png

Hope that helps!

Thank you very much! This is exactly what I was looking for