cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
xliu
Level II

Graph builder using lines to connect individual data points

Dear community,

I was using graph builder to make a dotted plot like below. I was trying to connect individual dots using lines, specifically I want to connect the green dot from 7mer_AUC to the green dot from the 8mer-AUC, and red dot to the other red dot, blue dot to the other blue dot in the 8h panel, then do the same for 24h and 48h panels. When I used "Add line", it only connect the means of the two groups of dots. Could you please let me know how to connect the individual dots with the same color with a line? Thanks a lot!

xliu_0-1725004971847.png

Liu

2 REPLIES 2
jthi
Super User

Re: Graph builder using lines to connect individual data points

Without seeing your data, I would first say try using Overlay zone instead of Color.

Edit:

Example image (Victor did also provide one). Note that you might have to modify the jitter of points to None to make the lines and points aligned

jthi_0-1725006448234.png

-Jarmo
Victor_G
Super User

Re: Graph builder using lines to connect individual data points

Hi @xliu,

I don't know what is the variable behind the color shown in your Graph, but try using this variable in the "Overlay" panel.
Using the "Add Line" it will connect the individual dots of each color (example here with BigFamily dataset with age as Overlay variable) :

Victor_G_0-1725005749377.png

You can provide an anonymised dataset if you would like to have guidance on your dataset.

Hope this will help you

Victor GUILLER
Scientific Expertise Engineer
L'Oréal - Data & Analytics