cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Abby_Collins14
Level II

Graph builder: Saving y-axis scale and ref lines while using column switcher

Hello,

I am making plots in graph builder that look at how observations look relative to limits. I have rescaled the y-axis and would like to add reference lines too. I do this and looks good. However when I add the column switcher to go through different observations the rescaled y-axis and ref lines disappear. Does anyone know how I would get them to stay while using column switcher to loop through observations? see images below of the rescaling happening with column switcher 

Abby_Collins14_0-1723062429049.png 

Abby_Collins14_1-1723062447637.png

4 REPLIES 4
hogi
Level XI

Re: Graph builder: Saving y-axis scale and ref lines while using column switcher

you could adjust the axis scales + add reference linesand save the settings as column properties to each of the columns:

hogi_0-1723062707465.png

Abby_Collins14
Level II

Re: Graph builder: Saving y-axis scale and ref lines while using column switcher

Thanks! I tried this but unfortunately it doesn't work because my two limits columns are using Link ID to another data set. The reason being that my x-axis is time points and the current data set has many more time points than limits per time point

jthi
Super User

Depending on your data: graphic script, reference lines or stacking data and + local data filter are usually good options.

-Jarmo
Byron_JMP
Staff

I end up setting the axis properties too.

If you revert axis settings (right click on y axis) then it should go back to auto scaling.

I feel like an add-in that sets axis min and max based on some range* of the spec limits might be useful - anyone have that handy?     

*something like axis max/min = LSL +/- 10% of spec range.

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)