cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
AT
AT
Level V

Graph Builder issue with parallel plot

Hi,

I am using graph builder to plot three varaibles using the parallel option. I have attached the plot. I am not sure why there is no scale on y axis and what does the arrow sign mean in the top of the graph?

Thanks for your help.

JMP_GB.png

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Graph Builder issue with paralle

Did you try Help > Books > Essential Graphing > Graph Builder chapter > Parallel elements section? I found this:

"To change the direction of a variable’s axis, click the arrow at the top of the vertical line

denoting the variable’s axis."

AT
AT
Level V

Thanks Mark. I will read the suggested material. The variables I am plotting are all similar scale and it works for some set of data but sometimes I don't get the scale on y axis.

The same data set works fine for JMP PRO 14 and not for JMP 13. I do however, have still problem with JMP PRO 14 for some set of data. Thanks

Perhaps a Parallel Plot is not the best choice for the story you want to tell with this data. Have you tried the Overlay role?

The Parallel Plot is intended to co-plot many hetergeneous variables, so a common scale/axis is not expected.

AT
AT
Level V

Thanks. I did try the Overlay plot but the x-axis is the row of the data whereas in Parallel plot x axis the y column label. I have 64 columns of data for many devices and wanted to show one graph.