Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
AT
AT
Level V

Graph Builder issue with parallel plot

Hi,

I am using graph builder to plot three varaibles using the parallel option. I have attached the plot. I am not sure why there is no scale on y axis and what does the arrow sign mean in the top of the graph?

Thanks for your help.

JMP_GB.png

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Graph Builder issue with paralle

Did you try Help > Books > Essential Graphing > Graph Builder chapter > Parallel elements section? I found this:

"To change the direction of a variable’s axis, click the arrow at the top of the vertical line

denoting the variable’s axis."

AT
AT
Level V

Thanks Mark. I will read the suggested material. The variables I am plotting are all similar scale and it works for some set of data but sometimes I don't get the scale on y axis.

The same data set works fine for JMP PRO 14 and not for JMP 13. I do however, have still problem with JMP PRO 14 for some set of data. Thanks

Perhaps a Parallel Plot is not the best choice for the story you want to tell with this data. Have you tried the Overlay role?

The Parallel Plot is intended to co-plot many hetergeneous variables, so a common scale/axis is not expected.

AT
AT
Level V

Thanks. I did try the Overlay plot but the x-axis is the row of the data whereas in Parallel plot x axis the y column label. I have 64 columns of data for many devices and wanted to show one graph.