Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Re: Graph Builder - how to do 2 Y-Axis's? (left and right)

djhanson

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

In Graph Builder, how to do (2) separate Y-Axis's, where first Y-Axis is on the left, second Y-Axis is on the right? 

I don't mean multiple Y-Axis's on the left or the right (which is easy to do in Graph Builder as groupings).  So for example, I may have a data table with (3) columns: Time (X-Axis), Number of Widgets (Y-Axis left side), Number of Gizmos (Y-Axis right side).

Anyways, this is easy to do in Excel, so I was hoping JMP can support it too.

thanks, DJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
M_Anderson

Staff

Nov 21, 2014

Solution
Select the two columns that you want to use for your Y-axes.
Drag them both to the Y-axis drop zone on the left side of Graph Builder (this will give a plot with two Y-axes on the same side of the graph).
Right click on the Y-axis and select Move Right... and select the column that you want to move right.

You might also check out Scott Wise's presentation in the 2017 Discovery Europe part of the community. He's got a bunch of examples on how to do some spectacular things in Graph Builder.

best,

M
2 REPLIES
M_Anderson

Staff

Nov 21, 2014

Solution
Select the two columns that you want to use for your Y-axes.
Drag them both to the Y-axis drop zone on the left side of Graph Builder (this will give a plot with two Y-axes on the same side of the graph).
Right click on the Y-axis and select Move Right... and select the column that you want to move right.

You might also check out Scott Wise's presentation in the 2017 Discovery Europe part of the community. He's got a bunch of examples on how to do some spectacular things in Graph Builder.

best,

M
Highlighted
djhanson

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Thanks!  That's what I need!  Good stuff... cheers, DJ