cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
RCHertzy86
Level I

Graph Builder for iPad?

JMP used to have a Graph Builder app for the iPad. Now could benefit from this but I cannot find it. 

Is it still available? Is there another simple way to view JMP graphs on an iPad, like a JMP Viewer for iPad?

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: Graph Builder for iPad?

I searched for IPAD on the JMP website and only found links that no longer exist.  I am guessing the app is no longer available.

On the other hand, I regularly run JMP Pro on a tablet, but it is a MicroSoft Surface Pro tablet running Windows 11.

Another option would be to place your Graph Builder graphs and other JMP output on the public JMP Live site, or have your company license JMP Live and then place your output on it.  Then any IPad can access the output through a browser. 

Jim

The JMP iPad app was discontinued several years ago. It is no longer available in the app store.

As one of the development team for the Graph Builder for iPad effort, we were a little bit to early to the game.  When it debuted it ran on an iPad 1.  The hardware was under powered, we had to pare the app to the barest minimum just to get it to load on the device.  Today the iPad Pro is nearly equivalent to a desktop.  Because the technology just wasn't there to provide the features we wanted, the developers have all moved on to other projects.  Python, JMP Live, ...  As @txnelson indicated JMP Live is a great candidate for viewing output.  Sadly no longer an app that lets you build and play with the graphs on mobile at this time.  Given the capabilities of the hardware today and the rapid change of iOS APIs and capabilities, an new app would require an nearly complete rewrite.