cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Feli
Level IV

Graph Builder does not update changes in size marker or new preferences with big plots

When building graphs with the graph builder, sometimes when I change the marker size using the legend, it does not update in the plot. The plot size of the marker in the legend changes as I change it, but the dots in the plot itself do not change, regardless of what I do. 

The same issue occurs when trying to draw lines between plots when I drag different y into the plot (by turning on Preferences->Platforms->Graph Builder->Y Group Edge).

For some plots, this works perfectly fine (see the picture example with the Big class data), but for others the separation lines refuse to show, even when building a new plot.

Feli_0-1597912572888.png

Is there a way to force graph builder to update existing plots using new preferences or changes? Or maybe a change in the preferences window that would help?

Feli_1-1597912761975.png

It seems to me that this issue occurs mainly when trying to plot larger data tables (plots with 80 000 x 5 data points).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Graph Builder does not update changes in size marker or new preferences with big plots

Perhaps you are hitting the Fast Marker Threshold. When you reach that number of data points, JMP will change the markers to be dots in order to speed up the drawing. 

Check in your JMP Preferences and change the circled value and see if that makes a difference.

Capture.JPG

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Graph Builder does not update changes in size marker or new preferences with big plots

Perhaps you are hitting the Fast Marker Threshold. When you reach that number of data points, JMP will change the markers to be dots in order to speed up the drawing. 

Check in your JMP Preferences and change the circled value and see if that makes a difference.

Capture.JPG

Dan Obermiller
Feli
Level IV

That seems to have done the trick!