cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
BSwid
Level IV

Graph Builder Marker and Point Labels on top of each other -> Can the label position be adjusted?

In my data table I have one column (a %) set as a label.  In graph builder I've set all labels to show.  In the data tabel I have the marker set as a location name.   The location name and the % are stacked right on top of each other and unreadable.   Is there a way to adjust the location of the point label so it is below (or if at the bottom of the graph above) the marker (like a logical jitter)?   I know that I can move them individually.  A solution that is more code or option based would be preferred.  Thank you.  

Example below with two labels manually moved to a desireable position.

JMP Community Point Labels.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Phil_Kay
Staff

Re: Graph Builder Marker and Point Labels on top of each other -> Can the label position be adjusted?

Not quite the solution you have in mund but... you could concatenate the location and % into a single column and use that as the marker.

View solution in original post

EricTsai
Level III

Re: Graph Builder Marker and Point Labels on top of each other -> Can the label position be adjusted?

One more readable way is that u can set both location and % as label

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Phil_Kay
Staff

Not quite the solution you have in mund but... you could concatenate the location and % into a single column and use that as the marker.

BSwid
Level IV

Thanks Phil. That would git er done!
EricTsai
Level III

One more readable way is that u can set both location and % as label