cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
BSwid
Level IV

Graph Builder Marker and Point Labels on top of each other -> Can the label position be adjusted?

In my data table I have one column (a %) set as a label.  In graph builder I've set all labels to show.  In the data tabel I have the marker set as a location name.   The location name and the % are stacked right on top of each other and unreadable.   Is there a way to adjust the location of the point label so it is below (or if at the bottom of the graph above) the marker (like a logical jitter)?   I know that I can move them individually.  A solution that is more code or option based would be preferred.  Thank you.  

Example below with two labels manually moved to a desireable position.

JMP Community Point Labels.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Phil_Kay
Staff

Re: Graph Builder Marker and Point Labels on top of each other -> Can the label position be adjusted?

Not quite the solution you have in mund but... you could concatenate the location and % into a single column and use that as the marker.

View solution in original post

EricTsai
Level III

Re: Graph Builder Marker and Point Labels on top of each other -> Can the label position be adjusted?

One more readable way is that u can set both location and % as label

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Phil_Kay
Staff

Not quite the solution you have in mund but... you could concatenate the location and % into a single column and use that as the marker.

BSwid
Level IV

Thanks Phil. That would git er done!
EricTsai
Level III

One more readable way is that u can set both location and % as label