cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ashwint27
Level II

Graph Builder-Hide Categorical Nominal Levels on Y-axis not used in specific Pages

I have a data table that has a datetime column modelled as numeric-continuous.  I have various Serial Numbers ("SN", Categorical-Nominal) in another column, along with another Categorical-Nominal column, we can call "Y".  I want to see when certain "Y" events occur, so I put the Categorical Nominal Variable on the Y-axis and datetime on the X-axis.  For the purposes of this analysis, I choose to split each SN by Page.  When I do this, all Pages show all levels of "Y" on the Y-axis.  I only want to show the levels applicable to each SN on each Page.  Is there a way to exclude levels on specific Pages that don't exist for that group?

ashwint27_1-1722004107711.png

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: Graph Builder-Hide Categorical Nominal Levels on Y-axis not used in specific Pages

If you run Graph Builder and use the Dialog to enter the specifications for the graph

txnelson_0-1722049532469.png

and then use the By selection instead of the Page

txnelson_1-1722049716766.png

It will treat each level of the By grouping as an independent graph.   In my example, I deleted all rows for 12 year old females from the data table

txnelson_2-1722049875433.png

Jim
hogi
Level XI

Re: Graph Builder-Hide Categorical Nominal Levels on Y-axis not used in specific Pages

A similar issue which I face very often:
too many labels on a x axis when using X group - or too many labels on a y axis when using Y group.

@shampton82 pointed out that "page"  could be THE solution - with it's ability to have non-linked axes settings: direct Link

hogi_0-1722062765827.png

Unfortunately, the setting is ignored for categorical values : (

related entry in the wish list:

🙏 X group: restrict the values on the axis to the respective group