cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Graph Builder Adding Elements

Hi,

I'm trying to add elements using Graph Builder while keeping existing elements.  I drag the element into the graph window and it shows a preview as if it's going to add it, but when I release the mouse it's gone.  Anyone have any insight on how to fix this?  JMP 16

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
statman
Super User

Re: Graph Builder Adding Elements

First, welcome to the community.  It makes it much easier for us to help when you have attached the data table even if it is anonymized.  This way we can also, perhaps see what you've done.

What is an element?  Do you mean a column in the data table?  When you say you drag it to the "graph window" of Graph Builder, are you actually dragging it to a Drop Zone (i.e., Y, Group X, X, Group Y, Overlay, etc.)?

see here:

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/17.0/?os=mac&source=application#page/jmp/graph-zones.shtml#

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box

It works fine when I try to add to the x or y axis. It’s only when I try to add something to the graph by “dragging”. For example if I want to add a line to a scatter plot, I get a preview that it will be added but then when I release the mouse, it’s gone. It works fine when I try to add it using the right click method .
Byron_JMP
Staff

Try holding down the shift key and clicking multiple graph elements.  This works 100%

One other thing,  Find the hardware acceleration option in preferences and turn it off. v16 and some graphic processors didn't play nice.

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)