cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dconradgreen
Level II

Get Excel Worksheets XLSM

I am trying to use the Get Excel Worksheets function on a Macro Enabled Excel file (.xlsm) and can't seem to get it to work. I saved the same file as a regular .xlsx and it worked like a charm with that. The Scripting Index doesn't really mention any condition of excel file type... Is this function just not compatible with .xlsm?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Get Excel Worksheets XLSM

Hi,

Unfortunately this looks like a bug in the software.  I will make sure this gets fixed in JMP 16.0.  The only workaround I am aware of at this time is to change the extension of the file that you are opening to xlsx (with the Macros still in the file, not saving it again) and it should return the sheet names.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

Unfortunately this looks like a bug in the software.  I will make sure this gets fixed in JMP 16.0.  The only workaround I am aware of at this time is to change the extension of the file that you are opening to xlsx (with the Macros still in the file, not saving it again) and it should return the sheet names.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

I need to qualify my response.  My comments are only for the Windows version of JMP.  The Mac version cannot open XLSM files.  The library that we use to open Excel files there cannot handle the macro enabled format.

Brian