cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dileepkr
Level III

Generating graph builder graphs in a for loop

Hi,

I am building a JMP app to generate multiple graphs out of an xlsx workbook, let me give a bit of background on the architecture of my code.

1. Each graph comes out of a JSL script which contains a function that takes datatable as input and returns graph builder ref as output.

2. On top level, I have a for loop on the datatables I need graphs for and I construct a function call and execute EVAL(func_call) inside the for loop.

3. I am putting each of the graph in a tabbed page in a tab box.

The problem I am facing is, the for loop in the main function stops execution right after the first graph is generated through EVAL(func_call) 

Could anyone please help me in understanding why for loop exits out of looping after 1st graph is generated and how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Dileep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Generating graph builder graphs in a for loop

Is it possible that the variable used in your For() loop (i.e. I=1,i<=25,i++), is being used elsewhere in your JSL, and it is changing the index value?
Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Is it possible that the variable used in your For() loop (i.e. I=1,i<=25,i++), is being used elsewhere in your JSL, and it is changing the index value?
Jim
dileepkr
Level III

Thank you so much, that solved my problem! I will be more aware of this in future :)