cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
MuttonChops
Level III

Generating Graphs with a FOR loop and appending to a Lineup Box

JMP Pro 13.  I have several graphs that I'm generating with a FOR loop.  I'm attempting to append each looped graph to a lineup box.  

-The loop uses a list (CleanList) that is generated at another point in the script to define the Group X in the graph.  But first I use that CleanName to create a filter and data subset so the graph for that loop uses only that data.  

-I hid some of the basic graph stuff (Graph stuff here...) just to keep my script below easy to follow.

-I get a error (PMcntLUB/*###*/ <<append) in the log when I attempt to run it.  

-Ultimately, this Lineup Box is inserted into a tab box with the other tabs being other components of my script.  

-I'm not dead set on using a lineup box and am happy to try alternatives so long as I can end up with a column of graphs generated by my FOR loop that are embedded in the tab box.

PMcntLUB = Lineup Box( N Col( 1 ) );
For(i=1, i<=n items(CleanList), i++,
	CleanName = CleanList[i]; 
	dtCleanName = dtPMcntStack << Select Where(:Clean == CleanName) << Subset(Output Table( "dt"||CleanName ) << Show Window( 0 ););
	PMcntLUB << append(Graph Builder(
		Graph Stuff Here,
                Variables(X( :ProcessEndDateTime ),Y( :RFhours ),Group X(:Clean)),
More Graph Stuff Here), ); );

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MuttonChops
Level III

Re: Generating Graphs with a FOR loop and appending to a Lineup Box

Wow, my problem was that I had a commented line with forward slashes instead of back slashes....face palm.  Corrected that and the script works.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MuttonChops
Level III

Re: Generating Graphs with a FOR loop and appending to a Lineup Box

Wow, my problem was that I had a commented line with forward slashes instead of back slashes....face palm.  Corrected that and the script works.